Need heavy duty pre-filter to remove unwanted minerals and metals from your water supply, the X10 is answer! In the world of carbon water filters, the X10 is a leader in performance and longevity. The X10 is a reusable filter that will treat a minimum of 10,000 gallons of water.
It comes with end caps for storage and re-use later. We suggest that you simply put the end caps on after use, place it in a Ziploc bag and store it until you need it again. The X10 prevents bacteria growth within the filter so it can be stored with confidence (unlike less expensive carbon filters which tend to promote bacteria growth.)
Here is why we think the X10 outshines it's competition:
- The highest grade, acid washed coconut shell carbon is utilized. Many competing filters use a less expensive bituminous (coal based) carbon.
- Up to twice as much bacteriostatic filter media (KDF®) as some other brands for longevity and maximum efficiency and performance.
- 5 micron pre and post integrated sediment pads to minimize sediment and turbidity. Some brands use as high as 100 micron pads. (The lower the micron, the finer particle size it will trap)
- High titanium dioxide (whitening agent with strengthening characteristics) used in filter housing for stronger, more durable construction (Less apt to be damaged by dropping or by other factors), in addition to excellent UV protection.
- Testing to industry standards which many other filters do not have.
- Extremely durable and rugged molded-in garden hose ends which maximize snug, leak free connections unlike flimsy nylon ends found in some other brands that cross thread and leak. Also, other inexpensive brands use what appear as durable brass connectors which actually can contain lead that can leach into the water.
- Tightly packed filtration media which all but eliminates the potential of “channeling”. Channeling can occur when loosely packed filter media settles and allows the water passing through the filter to actually bypass the media altogether.
- Protective end caps included for storage (store wet) when not in use. Unlike “carbon only” filters which actually promote bacteria growth within the filter itself, our filters prevent bacteria growth thanks to the KDF® media. Filter media should be kept moist (after initial use) when not used to allow the KDF media to stay active and prevent bacteria build up.
So, while the X10 may initially appear to be more expensive than other pre-filters, when you break it down, it’s less expensive in the long run to use the X10 because it lasts longer and is more durable.
To learn more and watch videos about the X-10 filter, click HERE.